We may need to handle personal information about you so that we can provide you with services. Your privacy is important to us, and this charter is intended to give you confidence in the safekeeping of that information.
If we ask you for personal information, we promise
- to tell you why we need it and only ask for what we need,
- to look after it and make sure it is only accessible to those with a genuine need to see it,
- to let you know if it is shared with other organisations and if possible give you the opportunity to say no to such sharing,
- to make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary, and
- to make your personal information available for commercial use only with your permission.
In return, we ask you to
- give us accurate information, and
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes to the information we hold on you, such as a new address.
You can contact us
- to find out what information we hold about you,
- to ask us to correct any mistakes,
- to learn about the agreements we have with other organisations for sharing your information,
- to understand the circumstances in which we can pass on your personal information without telling you,
- to learn about the instructions we give to our staff on how to collect, use and delete your personal information,
- to learn about how we check the information we hold on you is accurate, and
- to make a complaint about how we hold or use your information.
The Arts and Humanities Research Council, together with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), and partner organisations, has signed up to these shared principles for handling your information.
For more information, please contact:
Information Services Manager
Arts and Humanities Research Council
North Star Avenue
Swindon SN2 1FL
Telephone: 01793 41 6000
For independent advice about data protection and privacy, please contact:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline: 0303 123 1113