Associate Director of Programmes
Gary Grubb has been Associate Director of Programmes at the AHRC since April 2008. A human geographer by background, he previously worked for seventeen years at the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), where he played a leading role in developing its environment and education research portfolios.
He has a particular interest in developing inter-disciplinary research in the arts and humanities and its contribution to cross-Council research agendas and leads the development of the cross-Council Connected Communities Programme. He also contributes to the AHRC’s Care for the Future and Science in Culture Themes as well as its national capability priority in heritage research.
Gary is one of two Associate Directors of Programmes in AHRC and his remit covers:
- Cross-Council Research, including Connected Communities, Urban Living Partnership (with Innovate UK), Partnership for Conflict, Crime & Security Research (PaCCS) and Living with Environmental Change (LWEC)
- Interdisciplinary working – across art and humanities disciplines and the remits of other Research Councils
- AHRC’s Heritage priority area and partnerships
- AHRC Themes: Science in Culture, Care for the Future
- Responsive mode research grants and networks
- Grants Business Processes, Impact and Analysis