Creative Industries Clusters Programme - Creative R&D Partnerships Call LaunchedReturn to opportunities
Statements of Intent are now invited for the Creative Research & Development (R&D) Partnership scheme, part of the Creative Industries Clusters Programme.
The Creative Industries Clusters Programme, led by the Arts and Humanities Research Council and funded through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, is an ambitious research and development investment to establish up to eight Creative R&D Partnerships within existing creative clusters across the UK.
A total of £45m funding is available for up to eight Creative R&D Partnerships. For each individual Creative R&D Partnership an AHRC contribution of £4-6m fEC is available for 54 months.
Each Creative R&D Partnership will address a distinct and measurable challenge, or challenges, identified by the creative cluster of which they are part. These challenges will focus on the creation of products, services, and experiences and will have significant potential commercial impact. Each Partnership will be hosted by a higher education institution with full involvement from creative industry partners at every level, from the research and development activity itself to strategy and governance.
Creative R&D Partnership will be required to demonstrate and evidence the following:
- the creative cluster that will directly benefit from the Partnership and its characteristic strengths;
- the challenge, or challenges, to be addressed by the Partnerships;
- the partner organisations involved and how they will enable the Partnerships to address the challenge(s); and
- how the R&D activity will lead to growth within the creative industries.
The first step is to submit a Statement of Intent, proposals will then be assessed through a two stage application process. Applicants must submit a Statement of Intent by Friday 27 October at 4pm in order to be eligible to apply to Stage 1. The deadline for Stage 1 applications is Thursday 7 December at 4pm and applicants may now apply through Je-S.
There are two documents to support the proposals to this call; the Call Specification (PDF, 321KB) and Scope Document (PDF, 173KB). The Call Specification contains information on the Creative R&D Partnerships only and how to apply; you are advised to read this in conjunction with the Scope Document, which sets out the Programme-level aims and ambitions. Please read both documents thoroughly before submitting an application. A live FAQ document will follow shortly.
A funding call for the Policy and Evidence Centre, also part of the Creative Industries Clusters Programme, will be launched at the end of October.
Closing Date: 07/12/2017
Deadline for statement of intent submissions
4pm 27 October 2017
Deadline for applications – Stage 1
4pm 7 December 2017
How to make an application
Applications for the Statement of Intent should be made through Smartsurvey. A Statement of Intent must be submitted to be eligible for Stage 1.
Following the submission of a Statement of Intent, applications for Stage 1 can now be submitted through Je-S. To prepare a proposal form in Je-S:
- log-in to your account and choose ‘Documents’ from the menu
- then select ‘New Document’
- ‘AHRC’ as the Council
- ‘Outline Proposal’ as the Document Type
- ’AHRC Outline’ as the Scheme
- ‘Creative R&D Partnerships (Stage 1) – 7 December 2017’ as the Call/Type/Mode
- Then select ‘Create Document’
- Creative Industries Clusters Programme – Call Document (PDF, 321KB)
- Creative Industries Clusters Programme – Scope Document (PDF, 173KB)
- Creative Industries Clusters Programme – Creative R&D Partnership FAQs Document (PDF, 592KB)
- Creative Industries Clusters Programme – Creative R&D Partnership Je-S Guidance (PDF, 325KB)
- Creative Industries Clusters Programme – UK Clusters Creative Data (PDF, 2.4MB)
Enquiries about the call should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.Return to opportunities