Funding Call: Multilingualism: Empowering Individuals, Transforming Societies (MEITS)Return to opportunities
We are delighted to launch a new flexible funding scheme issued by the MEITS project, as part of the AHRC’s Open World Research Initiative (OWRI).
MEITS is a multidisciplinary project that includes six research strands exploring multilingualism from a range of perspectives. The research strands are:
1. Arts of identity: literature, cinema, culture and citizenship in a globalizing Europe
2. Standard languages, norms and variation: comparative perspectives in multilingual contexts
3. Sociolinguistic perspectives on multilingualism: identity, diversity and social cohesion
4. The influence of multilingual identity on foreign language learning
5. Language learning across the lifespan: the role of age, language-specific factors and learning experience on language acquisition
6. Multilingualism and cognition: implications for motivation, health and well-being
This is the first of two calls for funding to encourage other researchers and partners to work on the themes of the MEITS project.
MEITS particularly welcomes applications from Early Career Researchers and from institutions that are not involved in any of the four OWRI projects. In addition, projects that come from scholars working in literature, cultural studies, and visual culture that explore the MEITS themes in relation to these areas will be given priority. We are also looking for proposals that will be able to contribute expertise and material for our proposed pop-up museum of languages.
Level of grant: Awards up to £10,000
Application Deadline: 30 September 2017
Results expected: 30 November 2017
Earliest Start Date for Research: 01 January 2018
Closing Date: 30/09/2017
How to make an application
For full information, please see the call document.
You can find out more about the AHRC's OWRI project here.
To contact MEITS
Tel: 01223 760 356
To contact AHRC
Tel: 01793 416028
Email: AHRCLanguagesLiterature@ph.rcReturn to opportunities