JPI Cultural Heritage – Heritage in Changing Environments CallReturn to opportunities
The Joint Programming Initiative in Cultural Heritage and Global Change is pleased to announce a new funding opportunity for transnational proposals in the area of Heritage in Changing Environments. The call is designed to support the development of new, research-based ideas and knowledge in response to the rapidly and widely changing context with which heritage and heritage practice is faced. It invites research projects that help cultural heritage to meet societal challenges and contribute to the development of society.
Detailed Eligibility Requirements are published alongside the Changing Environments Call for Proposals on the JPICH website.
The main eligibility criteria are:
- Duration of projects: up to 36 months
- Each project proposal must comprise of at least three research teams, each based in an eligible institution in a different country participating in the Changing Environments Call. The maximum number of research teams in a project proposal is five
- Applications must be in accordance with the eligibility requirements relevant for the national research teams in the transnational research consortia and not exceed the maximum budgets to be requested therein.
Topics for the Heritage in Changing Environments Joint Call
Three broad categories of the changing environments of heritage are addressed in this call: changing (physical) environments; changing social and economic environments; and changing political and cultural environments. Projects funded through this call will use cultural heritage to address global challenges such as the impacts of climate change, environmental deterioration, migration, demographic and social change, and diasporic change, urbanisation and de-ruralisation, economic inequity, changing perceptions and sustainability.
The aims of the call are:
- to support well-defined, innovative, interdisciplinary, internationally-focussed and collaborative research projects of the highest quality and standards that will lead to significant advances in cultural heritage practice across a broad range of research communities and societies, notably through trans-frontier exchange and in international contexts;
- to maximise the value of research outcomes by promoting knowledge exchange with individuals and organisations outside the immediate research community, to include policy makers, businesses and commercial enterprises, the broader heritage sector, voluntary and community groups and the general public;
- to support a range of interactions and partnerships between cultural heritage researchers and a variety of user communities, to include policy makers, businesses and commercial enterprises, the broader heritage sector, voluntary and community groups and the general public, thereby maximizing the value of the research outcomes.
Closing Date: 30/11/2017
The deadline for submission of proposals is 30 November 2017, 14:00 CEST.
How to make an application
All proposals are to be submitted through the JPICH Heritage in Changing Environments call page.
Please use the links below to read and to download the call documents:
- JPICH Changing Environments Call for Proposals
- FAQ and GLOSSARY- Heritage in changing environments call
The UK contacts are:Return to opportunities