Vision and Strategy
The 2007-2012 Vision and Strategy has now been superseded by the 2013-2018 AHRC Strategy:
The AHRC's Strategy reflects its mission as set out in its Royal Charter.
AHRC 10th Anniversary Brochure
To mark 10 years of the AHRC, we have produced this brochure to look at some of the outstanding research we have supported since 2005.
The following are the AHRC's corporate publications which are either published as HTML web pages or as PDF files.
- Annual Report and Accounts
- Code of Practice (this page links to the Policies, forms and Freedom of Information section of the AHRC website)
- Delivery Plan 2016 - 2020 (PDF, 541KB)
- Delivery Plan 2015 - 2016 (PDF, 4.7MB)
- Delivery Plan 2011-2015 (PDF, 2.3MB)
- Impact Reports
- Evaluation Strategy 2007-2012 (PDF, 448KB)
- Financial Memorandum (PDF, 418KB)
- International Strategy 2009-2012 (PDF, 309KB)
- Management Statement (PDF, 658KB)
- 'The Human World: The Arts and Humanities in our Time' (2013-2018) (PDF, 3.6MB)
- Career Paths of AHRC funded PhD Students
Policies, forms and freedom of information
A list of the AHRC's policies, standards, and forms (to download) is provided in the Policies, forms and freedom of information section.
Public policy publications
A number of public policy publications are available on our website.
Reviews and reports
The following reviews and reports advocate the importance of arts and humanities research. Each document is provided as a PDF file and opens in a new window.
- Creative Exchanges - The AHRC Knowledge Exchange Hubs for the Creative Economy (PDF, 5.3MB)
- R&D in the Creative Industries policy briefing (PDF, 156KB) - exploring the definitions of R&D for policy delivery across all knowledge domains.
- The Brighton Fuse report (PDF, 1.7MB) - how 'fused' businesses are driving economic growth.
- The UK and India - a partnership for research (PDF, 1.5MB) - highlighting a number of AHRC projects
- Arts and Humanities Research and Innovation (PDF, 1.7MB) - the importance of arts and humanities research and innovation; a report by the AHRC and Nesta.
- Arts and Humanities Research Landscape (PDF, 389KB) - the significance of arts and humanities research in the UK.
- Hidden Connections (PDF, 1MB) - knowledge exchange between the arts and humanities and the private, public, and third sectors.
- Joint Agreement between AHRC, British Academy, and the Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC) (PDF, 126KB) - a joint agreement on early and mid-career support.
- Leading the World (PDF, 4.9MB) - the economic impact of art and humanities research.
Cabinet Office Communications Capability Review of the UK Research Councils 2015
The Research Councils' communication capability reviews are part of a series of reviews across Whitehall departments (opens in a new window), arm’s length bodies and agencies. All seven councils were reviewed, and also the central partnership body, Research Councils UK (RCUK), along with the collective work of the Research Councils. The AHRC’s report is given here (PDF, 820KB). For the RCUK collective report please go to the RCUK website (opens in a new window).
The reports’ findings are being considered by the Research Councils.
The publications archive provides access to previous versions of the AHRC's Podium publication and various case studies.
The AHRC is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible and that its publications are available to all; if you would like to have any of the publications in large-print or Braille formats, please contact us at email@example.com.