- Rethinking the Senses: Uniting the Philosophy and Neuroscience of Perception led by Professor Colin Blakemore at the Institute of Philosophy, University of London Find out more about the Rethinking the Senses project.
- Cultural and Scientific Perceptions of Human-Chicken Interactions led by Dr Mark Maltby at Bournemouth University awarded £1,940,000. Find out more about the Cultural and Scientific Perceptions of Human-Chicken Interactions project.
- Constructing Scientific Communities: Citizen Science in the 19th and 21st Centuries led by Professor Sally Shuttleworth at University of Oxford awarded £1,950,000.
As part of the development of the Science in Culture theme, the AHRC has commissioned a number of small awards that aim to hold a workshop or series of workshops or similar events, or to carry out a scoping study or a research review. A list of a awards and links to project websites can be found below. Please note that all Exploratory Awards have now finished.
The AHRC has made 7 awards under its Science in Culture Innovation Awards call. The scheme is intended to support projects of up to 12 months in length that aim to expand and explore the Science in Culture theme in new and innovative ways.
- “Rethinking mind and meaning: a case study from a co-disciplinary approach” led by Dr Juan-Carlos Gomez at University of St Andrews - £197,041
- “Sense of agency and responsibility: integrating legal and neurocognitive accounts” led by Professor Patrick Haggard at University College London – £173,357